May marks the beginning of the peach season and will peak in July. We are sharing a simple recipe of baked peaches that promises to satisfy your sweet cravings.
Peaches - 3
Brown sugar - To taste
Maltese honey - 2 tbs
Mint - 12 leaves
Vanilla ice cream - 6 scoops
Butter - 1 tbs
Biskutini tal lewz - 200g
1. Half the peaches and remove their core.
2. Place baking paper on an oven tray.
3. Sprinkle the peaches with brown sugar on both sides.
4. Bake with the peaches skin side up at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes.
5. Blitz the krustini with 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of butter.
6. Once you have a consistent but rough mixture stop the blender.
7. Remove the peaches from the oven and flip.
8. Place the crumble on the skinless top of the peach.
9. Put back in the oven until the peaches are soft and crumble has browned.
10. Once out of the oven (about 10 more min), roughly chop the mint leaves
11. Sprinkle the mint leaves on the peaches
12. Add a scoop of Vanilla ice cream on each peach and serve warm