In this recipe we make a dark chocolate fondant batter with a white chocolate ganache centre for a beautiful and delicious marbled chocolate effect that is sure to impress that special somebody in your life or wow your next set of dinner guests.
75g plain flour
75g unsalted butter
75g dark chocolate
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
20ml Grand marnier or Cointreau
Cocoa powder and butter for lining ramekins
45g white chocolate
Makes 2-3 fondants using a 100ml ramekin
1. For the ganache, place the cream in a small pot and bring to a bowl. Add the cream to a small container with chopped white chocolate pieces and stir to combine until the ganache is homogenous, cool well in the fridge.
2. Fill a medium sized pot with water and bring it to a gentle simmer. Place the butter and chocolate into a mixing bowl and place the bowl on top of the pot. Allow to melt over gentle heat, stirring occasionally.
3. In a separate mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together the eggs, salt and sugar until lightly aerated.
4. Into the same bowl stream in the melted chocolate mixture and the amaretto, mix to combine. Fold in the flour with a rubber spatula until the mixture is homogenous.
5. Coat the inside of the ramekins by rubbing lightly with whole butter and dust them with cocoa powder. Rotate the ramekins to coat the ramekin well and tap out any excess.
6. Pipe the fondant batter into the base of the ramekin to cover. Pipe along the edge of the ramekin to leave space for the chocolate ganache. Place the chocolate ganache in the indent and cover well with batter.
7. Allow the fondants to chill well in the fridge. Preheat an oven to 200°c
8. Place the fondants into the preheated oven and bake for 17-20 minutes.
9. Once cooked, turn upside down onto a plate and remove the ramekin. Serve immediately.