This rich pasta dough produces silky smooth, velvety sheets of fresh pasta, perfect for stuffed pastas typical of Northern Italy. Given that there are such few ingredients in this recipe it is important to use the best quality you can find of each.
200g semolina flour
1 whole egg
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of olive oil
pinch of salt
1. Place the flour into a mixing bowl and create a well to allow the eggs to sit within.
2. Into the well place the eggs, yolks, salt and olive oil and using a fork mix well.
3. Using your fingers, slowly incorporate the flour into the egg mixture, by using the flour on the inner side of the well.
4. When a dough starts to form and all the liquid is incorporated, transfer the mix onto the table and knead for approximately 10 minutes.
5. Once the dough is fully formed and kneaded transfer back to the mixing bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Once rested knead the dough for an extra 5 – 10 minutes, cover and leave to rest for a further 10 minutes.
7. Roll out using a rolling pin till the dough is thin enough to pass through the lowest ('0') setting on the pasta machine.
8. Pass the rolled out dough, through the lowest setting on your pasta machine ('0'), using one hand to feed the pasta through the machine and the other hand to crank the handle. Repeat the process twice.
9. Continue feeding the dough through the pasta machine, each time reducing the thickness till you reach the desired thickness. In each setting pass the dough through twice as to ensure an even consistency.